Weibel Elementary PTO Meeting - Minutes
Weibel Elementary Multi-Use Room
March 15, 2017
- 7:00pm meeting called to order
- Motion to approve February meeting minutes-approved.
- New Business
- IHS students presented their project for beautifying the school with sweet pea shrubs under the Weibel School Sign. Asked PTO for funds- about $57. PTO can provide from Garden fund.
- FUSD $1215.36 bill for math olympiad tournament on March 25th.
- Going over PTO board 2017-2018 slate of nominees. Open positions: Teacher treasurer
- Rob will file for re-instatement for PTO non-profit status.
- Wendy gave update on projector project. May need more budget for 3 more projectors.
- Book fair did very well- $15,000 in revenue.
- Open House is May 2nd, 5-6pm.
- Science Olympiad did very well, 3rd overall in our region.
- Odyssey of the Mind: one 3rd grade team is going forward to state level. One 4th grade team came in 3rd place.
- Chess team won 1st place and tied 1st in K-3 division.
- Shreya Anand went to science fair from 6th grade and won 2nd place at FUSD science fair
- Crepe Myrtle trees at Weibel died. Mrs.Strommen would like to replace these. Reagan’s nursery $59 for a tree.
- Lots of maintenance issues at the school. FUSD under budget- talks of teacher cuts and increasing class sizes.
Adjournment- Next meeting will be on Tuesday March 15th.
- Reshu Goyal and Mini Bhardwaj talked about Odyssey of the Mind. Weibel had a big presence at the competition with 8 teams. Asking for pto sponsorship/help to use MUR to showcase this year’s team performances for Weibel community. They will talk to Dora about dates MUR is available. Prashant will fill permit form for FUSD.