Weibel Elementary PTO Meeting - Minutes
Weibel Elementary Multi-Use Room
January 10th 2017
- 7:00pm meeting called to order
- Motion to approve November meeting minutes-approved.
- 6th grade will donate $300 from field trip fund to buddy bench. Plaque on buddy bench will display this.
- Chrome books update: Yogesh and Prashant ordered 48 total online. 25 have arrrived and 23 are backlogged. Each 8 gig chrome book is $150 for the 25 and $180.
- Mrs. Strommen will check if FUSD will approve the proposed electrician for projector project
- Committee Reports
- Tech committee
-short term goal: chrome books for each class on cart
-long term goal: look at imacs for lower grades
-Mrs.Shulz wants iMacs for computer lab
- PTO Board for next year: Open positions (president), need to post on fb and all rooms.
- State taxes for 2015 not filed yet. Letter was received for federal taxes. Prashant to connect with Rob.
- Fahria: Reading week will have 3 assemblies with author Susan Elia
-Anti-bullying assembly in March
- Parent-child workshop on March 21st by Kid Power. May provide baby-sitting.
-March 10th screening of Screenagers at Irvington High School will be open to our attendance area
-Pennies for Patients will start on Jan 23rd for 2 weeks
-Science month in March- Fahria will be organizing
- Plaque for buddy bench
- First Coffee with Principal on Jan 24th - Kor Tse (valet coordinator) will give a talk
- Tech upgrade contractors came early to start project- underground work for the wireless, lights
- Idea for author for next year: Mitali Perkins -writes novels for juveniles
- Prashant requesting 1 hr/week in MUR for science olympiad
Science team performing well: 5 medals, 2 top prizes.
- Science olympiad can be under PTO umbrella
- Parents’ Comments
- Ms. Lee: First grade teachers requesting reader accelerator- online reading program. 4th,5th,6th grades currently use this program in class.
- Adjournment- Next meeting will be on February 21st