Weibel Elementary PTO Meeting - Minutes
Weibel Elementary Multi-Use Room
November 15 2016
- 7:00pm meeting called to order
- Motion to approve minutes from Oct 2016 -approved.
- Movie night was a great event.
- Math Olympiad’s first day went well.
- New Business
- Scrip account has been converted to field trip account
- Rob working on filing pto taxes. Still looking for a tax person.
- Ipads for lower grades were procured- thanks to Fahria
- Yoga in MUR has started. 25 students per session. 1hour for higher grades, 1⁄2 hr for lower grades
- Infosnap update: Prashant will sign Neyha’s letter and send to infosnap to dispute charges
- Committee Reports
- Yogesh went over the profits made from movie night ($225), wildcat run ($200), pancake breakfast ($1498) and bookfair ($7500)
- Fahria: Science month is in March.
-Looking for an author for author visit for Reading week
-Anti-bullying assembly: previous presenters not doing it - looking for new presenters
- Tech Committee Report:
-Prashant and Ms.Schultz had discussion for tech needs for next few years
-Ms.Schultz would like chrome books for 4th-6th grade (4 per grade) -For 3rd grade, simple windows based laptops (3 per classroom)
- Motion made to purchase 48 chrome books for $9600 -approved.
- $31000 is tech budget ($25000 budget for projector project)
- Parent-teacher conferences underway
- Thanksgiving break next week
- Basketball underway for 5th/6th graders- 12 kids per team
-Susie Mulcock leading girls and Mr.Phillip Liu leading boys
-Both had to get many certifications- cpr, head trauma, fingerprinting etc
- Election next morning, some kids came to school, worried and afraid
-All teachers had a talk with their classes
-h3 assembly on citizenship discussed structure of government, checks and balances
- Buddy bench project- budget from garden fund. Will be a contest for design of bench
- Ms.Lee to start cross age tutoring at recess
-students will go to classrooms to help a student that may need extra help academically
- Parents’ Comments
- Ms.Lee: request from upper grade to rotate out literature books, paperbacks are old -Will talk to Ms.Natalie about this
- Yogesh: budget for new books is $4000. Profit from bookfair also goes to library books.
- Fahria: planners for 4,5,6th grade they need $1000 advance (even in/out for pto)
- Motion to add to the budget $1000 for student planners- approved
- Mrs.Rahman: her class wrote thank you letters for wildcat volunteers since they won
- Adjournment- Next meeting will be on January 10th